Costco has high-quality products at reasonable prices, and Costco Tres leches cake is no exception. This traditional delicious cake has become a popular dessert among Costco shoppers because of its uniqueness and extra-yummy flavor.
Costco tres leches cake Halal can be found in all bakeries and restaurants, but Costco’s version has become a fan favorite among buyers.
In this article, I’ll explore the Costco tres leches cake 2023 in detail, why you should buy it, what makes Costco’s version stand out, and why it is such a wonderful dessert.
Without further ado, let’s get butter to another delicious fantasy of Costco.
What is Tres Leches Cake?
Tres leches cake refers to the “three-milk cake” which is a sponge cake soaked in three types of milk; condensed milk, evaporated milk, and heavy cream.
Because of these kinds of milk, the cake’s texture becomes moist and rich in cream flavor. However, each bite of Costco tres leches cake delivers pleasant flavor to taste buds and excites the eater to eat more.
This incredible dessert is usually popular in Latin American countries such as Mexico and served on special occasions and family gatherings.
Costco tres leches cake recipe comprises high-quality ingredients while the sponge is made with good quality flour and eggs that contributes to the light, fluffy, and airy texture.
How much is Costco tres leches cake?
Besides the tres leches good quality and perfection, it is affordable too.
Costco tres leches cake price lies between $14 to $20, depending on the location.
However, it’s important to consider the value of the money that you are spending to buy anything and this cake is large enough to serve at family gatherings or parties.
Costco has several locations including the UK, where you can also get Costco tres leches cake UK that is big enough to feed 12-16 people.
Moreover, it comes pre-sliced which makes the serving easy and saves much of your time to do other activities.
Costco Tres Leches Cake Nutrition
Because the cake is in the shape of a bar, the number of calories, carbs, and other nutrients vary depending on the piece of cake. However, I will provide nutrition information based on a 163g serving size.
- Calories 429
- Total carbs 54g
- Net fat 20g
- Sugar 46g
- Sodium 135mg
- Cholesterol 115mg
- Protein 8.7g
What makes Costco Tres Leches Cake popular?
Here are some key points that make tres leches cake from Costco popular among shoppers.
- The versatility of Tres Leches Cake is one of its most appealing features. While it is traditionally served with whipped cream and fresh fruit, the cake comes in a variety of flavors and toppings.
- The sponge’s taste and texture are just beyond, afterwards the top of the cake is covered with caramel and fruit topping.
- It has a big size that is enough to feed a family, party, birthday parties, and many more.
- Tres leches cake typically costs around $15, which is a great value considering the size and quality of the cake. Moreover, preparing tres leches cake from scratch could be costly so, this makes it a popular option for those who want to serve a delicious dessert without breaking the bank.
- The cake itself is soft and spongy, and it’s not overly sweet, which makes it a perfect dessert for those who don’t have a sweet tooth.
Other Popular Cakes at Costco,
Costco Tres Leches Cake Recipe
Can you prepare Tres leches cake at home?
There is no special recipe for Tres leches cake from Costco, but you can prepare it at home.
Here I am going to share basic Costco tres leches cake recipe with you that includes a few ingredients and take short time to get perfection.
Costco tres leches cake ingredients:
Costco Tres leches cake Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F(175 degrees Celsius). Set aside a 9×13-inch baking pan that has been greased.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Separately, in a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add the milk and vanilla extract to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture gradually, stirring until just combined.
- Fill the prepared pan halfway with batter and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Whisk together the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and heavy cream in a large mixing bowl.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes after it has finished baking.
- Poke holes all over the surface of the cake with a fork.
- Pour the milk mixture over the cake slowly, covering the entire surface.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Top with whipped cream, caramel, and fresh fruit, if desired, before serving.
The time it takes to make a Costco Tres Leches Cake depends on your level of baking experience and the recipe you use.
However, it may take 1 to 1.5 hours to prepare the cake batter and bake the cake, followed by another 2 to 3 hours to soak the cake in the tres leches (three kinds of milk) mixture.
I hope you enjoy making your own Tres Leches Cake at home and find this recipe useful!
Costco Tres Leches Cake Review:
Overall, tres leches cake from Costco is a delicious treat that is worth every penny. Its smooth and milky texture makes it popular among shoppers.
Likewise, the size is big enough to feed a crowd, parties, and gatherings. Moreover, the quality of Costco tres leches cake ingredients is good enough that can satisfy your guests as well as your appetite.
While it may not always be available at every Costco location and requires refrigeration, the convenience, and value that this cake provides make it a great choice for those who are looking for a delicious dessert that can feed a crowd.
FAQs Regarding Costco Tres Leches Cake
How long does Costco Tres Leches cake last?
It can be stored for up to five days in a refrigerator, but try to use it within two or three days and store the leftover in an air-tightened jar. Because the cake is soaked in milk and heavy cream, that could be spoiled by the humidity and room temperature. So, try to keep it frozen for later use.
How many calories are in a Costco Tres Leches cake?
Well, the calories vary on the size in which you will cut the cake. But I have mentioned proper nutritional profiles about specific serving sizes. Check it out, hope you will find it useful.
Can Costco Tres Leches cake be frozen?
You can freeze the tres leches cake if you cover it with plastic wrap and place it in an airtight jar or box. Keep it away from humidity and high temperatures, which can wreak havoc on its flavor and texture.
I love Costco’s wholesale store, and I like to discover its new food items every day. This Love and passion for this store encouraged me to make the Costcomenu.com website for guides & reviews of the Costco food items. It helps you for a better selection at a reasonable price