In the vast aisles of Costco, you’ll find an array of delicious and convenient food products that cater to busy families and foodies alike. On a recent visit, the Scalloped Potatoes from Main Street Bistro caught my eye and had me intrigued.
Main Street Bistro’s Scalloped Potatoes are presented as an inviting and fuss-free side dish. If you’re someone, like me, who hasn’t indulged in scalloped potatoes for a while, this product is a compelling invitation back into that world.
This article dives into the taste, nutritional content, cooking instructions, and overall value of these scalloped potatoes.
Costco Scalloped Potatoes
Costco Scalloped Potatoes Ingredients
Costco Scalloped Potatoes Taste and Texture
Once out of the oven, the first bite was heavenly. These scalloped potatoes struck a perfect balance between creamy and cheesy.
The potatoes were thick, drenched in a deliciously creamy sauce. The cheese was not overpowering but instead complemented the dish perfectly, with a generous layer on top.
Nutrition and Serving Scalloped Potatoes at Costco
Each serving, measuring approximately ⅔ cups, contains 230 calories. But as with all delicacies, moderation is the key. Scalloped potatoes are not exactly a low-cal diet’s best friend, but their rich and creamy texture and taste are worth every calorie.
Costco Scalloped Potatoes Cooking Instructions
For those curious about the best way to savor these potatoes, there are options to heat them in the microwave or oven. I went with the oven method:
- Unpack the tray from its packaging.
- Remove the clear plastic film from the black plastic tray.
- Position the tray on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 25 minutes.
- Check for doneness and serve.
Costco Scalloped Potatoes Directions
- Unpack the tray and discard the protective film.
- Microwave on high for 7-8 minutes, ensuring the contents are thoroughly heated. If your microwave doesn’t have a rotating platform, first heat for 4 minutes, then manually turn the tray half a rotation, and continue heating for another 3-4 minutes.
- Once done, let the dish sit for a minute before serving. Note that microwave efficiencies differ; adjust heating durations as required. Please be cautious: Both the dish and its container will be very hot.
Conventional Oven Method:
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F.
- Extract the tray from its packaging and peel off the film.
- Position the tray on a baking sheet and slide it into the oven. Let it bake for 20-25 minutes, or until fully heated through. Again, handle with care: The dish and its container will be hot.
- Refrain from using a toaster oven for preparation.
- Please avoid broiling the product.
A noteworthy point is that these potatoes should not be frozen. While they never arrive frozen, attempting to freeze and subsequently defrost them might compromise the texture and consistency of the sauce.
FAQs Regarding Costco Scalloped Potatoes
Main Street Bistro’s Scalloped Potatoes serve as a splendid side dish for those looking for convenience without sacrificing taste. Even as someone who tends to favor other potato dishes like mashed or baked, these scalloped potatoes from Costco genuinely impressed me.
For those scouting Costco for other side dish options, keep an eye out for delights like the Kirkland Signature Mac and Cheese or the Stonemill Kitchens Homestyle Red Potato Salad.
Whether you’re a dedicated scalloped potato lover or a skeptic like me, this dish is worth trying on your next Costco run!
I love Costco’s wholesale store, and I like to discover its new food items every day. This Love and passion for this store encouraged me to make the Costcomenu.com website for guides & reviews of the Costco food items. It helps you for a better selection at a reasonable price