The Costco Rotisserie Chicken has garnered widespread recognition for its affordability and convenience.
With customers eagerly lining up to enjoy this succulent offering fresh from the rotisserie, the question arises: What makes this Costco chicken a beloved favorite? This article delves into the reasons behind Costco Rotisserie Chicken popularity and unravels the nuances of its flavor and value.
The Costco Kirkland Signature Rotisserie Chicken has secured a special place in the hearts of patrons for its pocket-friendly price point and unmatched convenience.
The sight of customers queuing up to savor its freshly roasted goodness is a testament to its popularity. Let’s delve into the factors that make this Costco offering a cherished choice among consumers.
Discovering Costco Rotisserie Chicken in Hawaii Years ago, during our sojourn in Hawaii, Sean and I frequented Costco for quick and hassle-free meal solutions.
One culinary gem we stumbled upon was the Costco Kirkland Signature Seasoned Rotisserie Chicken, often paired with the delectable Costco Kirkland Signature Quinoa Salad.
Costco Rotisserie Chicken Price
Economical Culinary Pleasure Priced at a reasonable $7.99 Canadian, the Costco Kirkland Signature Rotisserie Chicken presents exceptional value. Although certain sections of the chicken may not suit every palate, the quantity of meat offered justifies the price.
Costco’s Enduring Appeal One significant factor contributing to the Costco chicken’s unwavering popularity is its price consistency despite economic inflation.
Costco has kept the price of its rotisserie chicken stable, prioritizing customer satisfaction over profitability. While the chickens themselves might not be a primary source of revenue, the foot traffic they generate leads to sales of other products within the store.
Read more about Costco Chicken items,
- Costco Chicken Prices
- Costco Chicken Patties
- Costco Frozen Chicken
- Costco Chicken Melts
- Costco Amylu Chicken Sausage
- Costco Chicken Breast
- Costco Orange Chicken
- Costco Chicken Bake
- Costco Chicken Meatballs
Costco Rotisserie Chicken Location in Store & Item Number
Location and Item Number For those seeking this culinary delight, the Costco Kirkland Signature Rotisserie Chicken is conveniently located within the pre-made meal and deli section.
Costco Rotisserie designated item number is 347937.
Taste of Rotisserie Chicken Costco
Savory Delights and Palate Pleasures While the Costco Rotisserie Chicken boasts tantalizing highlights, such as succulent white breast meat, it’s not without its less appealing parts.
The occasional presence of fatty, inedible portions and gristle might detract from the overall experience. Additionally, the presence of congealed liquid and oil in the tray’s bottom might be somewhat off-putting.
A Culinary Adventure with Well-Seasoned Flavor Undoubtedly, the Costco Kirkland Signature Rotisserie Chicken boasts an irresistibly well-seasoned profile, characterized by addictive saltiness.
The crispy, golden-brown skin is a delight, while the richness of the seasoned taste is undeniable. The chicken’s sheen and succulence reveal a notable oiliness, which might not appeal to all preferences. Despite these characteristics, the edible portions of the rotisserie chicken shine in terms of taste.
Costco Rotisserie Chicken Convenience
Convenience Beyond Compare The convenience of purchasing a Costco Rotisserie Chicken is unparalleled.
This culinary marvel offers versatility that extends far beyond a single meal. From pairing with rice and vegetables to crafting sandwiches, casseroles, soups, and even homemade chicken pot pie, the possibilities are as endless as they are tempting.
This product serves as an ideal solution for busy evenings or when culinary inspiration is lacking.
Costco Rotisserie Chicken Ingredients
Delving into Ingredients The robust flavor profile of the rotisserie chicken owes much to its assortment of ingredients.
While the succulent skin and dark meat contribute to its taste, added oil and sodium enhance its savory appeal. While not the epitome of health-conscious dining, the Costco Kirkland Signature Rotisserie Chicken remains an indulgent option.
Rotisserie Chicken Costco Ingredients:
- Rice Starch
- Vegetable Oil
- Tetrapotassium Pyrophosphate
- Sodium Triphosphate
- Tree Nuts
Costco Rotisserie Chicken Nutrition
Nutritional Insights A 100-gram edible portion of the Costco Kirkland Signature Rotisserie Chicken Calories 140, seven grams of fat, 350 milligrams of sodium, two grams of carbohydrates, one gram of fiber, zero grams of sugar, and 18 grams of protein.
Notably rich in protein, this chicken variant promises satiety and flavor.
Rotisserie Chicken Nutrition Costco Table
|Rotisserie Chicken Costco Nutrition||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Costco Chicken Rotisserie Calories||140||7%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||10%|
|Trans fat||0.1 g|
Costco Rotisserie Chicken Instructions
Storage and Reheating Guidelines:
- Optimal storage involves maintaining a temperature of four degrees Celsius (40 degrees Fahrenheit) or lower, or alternatively, 60 degrees Celsius (140 degrees Fahrenheit) or higher.
- When reheating, remove the packaging and transfer the chicken to a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave on high for three to five minutes until the temperature reaches 74 degrees Celsius (165 degrees Fahrenheit).
In Conclusion In the realm of culinary options, the Costco Kirkland Signature Rotisserie Chicken shines as an accessible treasure.
Though I personally lean toward preparing my own chicken dishes, the convenience and affordability of this offering make it an irresistible choice for those seeking a quick and protein-rich solution. While it may not boast the healthiest nutritional profile, its overall appeal is undeniable.
Costco Rotisserie Chicken Recipe
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 2.5 hours
- Servings: 6 servings
- Total Time: 3.25 hours
Rotisserie Chicken Ingredients
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) chicken
Costco Rotisserie Chicken Directions
- In a small bowl, combine the kosher salt, garlic powder, paprika, and ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Remove the chicken from its packaging and pat it dry with paper towels. Remove any giblets from the chicken’s cavity if present.
- Tuck the wings behind the chicken and truss the chicken by placing it breast-side up on a cutting board. Place a long piece of string underneath the legs, pulling it to equal lengths on each side. Form a loose figure 8 around the legs and pull the string tight to squeeze the legs together. Loop the string back to the top of the ankles and crisscross it near the chicken’s cavity. Pull the string up towards the wings, hooking it on either side of the breast. Flip the chicken over and tie the string around the back, near the wings.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the trussed chicken, both inside and out, until it’s well coated. If the spices have trouble sticking to the skin, rub a small amount of olive oil over the skin to help them adhere.
- Place the chicken on the rack of a roasting pan or on an oven-safe wire rack inside a baking sheet. Allow the chicken to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to let the skin dry out. Alternatively, you can refrigerate it, uncovered, for up to 12 hours. If refrigerating, let the chicken come to room temperature for 30 minutes while preheating the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius).
- Roast the chicken for 2 to 2.5 hours, or until the thickest part of the breast reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius) and the thigh registers 175 degrees Fahrenheit (80 degrees Celsius).
- Remove the chicken from the oven and tent it with aluminum foil. Allow the chicken to rest for at least 15 minutes before carving.
- Calories per Serving: 390
- Total Fat: 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0.2 g
- Cholesterol: 134.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g
- Total Sugars: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 617.6 mg
- Protein: 33.6 g
I love Costco’s wholesale store, and I like to discover its new food items every day. This Love and passion for this store encouraged me to make the Costcomenu.com website for guides & reviews of the Costco food items. It helps you for a better selection at a reasonable price