Delicious Recipes Using Costco Frozen Salmon
For seafood lovers, Costco is the go-to place when it comes to frozen food recipes. Out of all the delicious-tasting frozen options, Costco Frozen Salmon is well known for its unbeatable taste, nutrition, flavor, and sustainability.
Types of Frozen Salmon At Costco
At present, Costco sells two types of frozen Salmon, Sockeye and Atlantic. As per the sources, Atlantic Salmon is farm-raised and is believed to be imported from Norway or Chile.
Whereas on the other hand, Sockeye Salmon is wild-caught and a product of Alaska.
You can find both fresh and frozen salmon at Costco, but we suggest that you go with the Costco Kirkland frozen salmon which is available in the three-pound bag packaging in the freezer section.
You can opt for the previously frozen filet as well in the meat section but only if you wish for a lower portion size.
Costco Atlantic Salmon Price
Kirkland Signature Farmed Atlantic Salmon, 6 oz – 8 oz Center-Cut Portion, 3 lbs, its prices is more than $26.99.
Costco Atlantic Salmon Nutritional Fact
Other food items that are Available on Costco food court,
- Costco Hot Dogs
- Costco Chicken
- Costco king crab legs
- Costco healthy noodle
- Costco pizza menu
- Costco Party Platters
Recipes Using Costco Frozen Salmon
Once you have the right salmon, it is time to start cooking. Here are a few recipes that you would make your Costco frozen salmon price worth it.
1. Salmon, sweet potato, & broccoli
If you are looking for an easy-to-bake, quick, and mouth-watering healthy dinner then this recipe is the best fit for you.
With its nutrient-packed flavor and taste, it is likely to meet the hunger pangs of both adults and kids alike.
For this recipe you will need the following ingredients;
- Olive Oil
- Two peeled sweet potatoes
- Two frozen salmon fillets
- Two heads broccoli
- Sliced Orange
Cooking Instruction Frozen Salmon at Costco
Costco Salmon Cooking Directions: Once you have the ingredients, follow the instructions below;
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F. Spray your pan with olive oil and place the frozen salmon in the pan along with the peeled potatoes and broccoli.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and let it bake for 15 minutes.
- Slice the orange in the mean while and gather your spices.
- Once your salmon is done, remove it from the oven and move it to the plates along with the potatoes and broccoli.
- Add salt and black pepper as per your liking and enjoy it with a few slices of orange.
2. Salmon with Roasted Tomatoes and Shallots
Somedays are just for burgers. But not everyone is a fan of red meat. Some of us a more in love with the seafood. So, if you are a seafood burger junkie, then this burger salmon recipe will be your next favorite dish.
Costco Frozen Salmon Ingredients
For this recipe you will need the following ingredients;
- 3-pound Costco frozen salmon fillet
- 4 cups of tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano
- 6 cloves garlic
- Olive oil spray
Costco Frozen Salmon Cooking Directions:
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F. Spray your pan with olive oil and place the frozen salmon in the pan and let it bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile gather your tomatoes, garlic and shallots and slice them accordingly.
- Prepare your burger buns on the stove or grill them as per your personal preference.
- Once the salmon is done, add black pepper and salt as per need to spice it up a bit.
- Arrange everything in between your bun and you shall have a perfectly spiced, delicious salmon burger to enjoy.
Costco Frozen Salmon: Wild Caught Alaska Sockeye Salmon Review
If you’re a fan of salmon and you’re wondering about the quality of Kirkland Frozen Salmon, then read on.
We will be discussing the details of Kirkland Wild Caught Sockeye Frozen Salmon that is available at Costco.
Costco Wild Frozen Salmon Item Details
- Kirkland Frozen Salmon is located in the frozen food section of Costco, and the item number is 221177.
- You can buy a 3-pound bag for $29.99 USD.
- Each serving of this salmon provides 38 grams of protein.
Wild Caught Alaska Sockeye Frozen Salmon
Costco offers different salmon options, including fresh, frozen, wild-caught, and farmed. Experts recommend buying wild-caught salmon as it is lower in fat, calories, and saturated fats while being higher in minerals.
Costco Wild Frozen Salmon Packaging
- The Kirkland Frozen Salmon comes in a 3-pound bag, containing individually wrapped and sealed frozen fillets.
- A bag usually includes about 7-8 fillets.
- This feature makes it convenient to store the bag in the freezer, and whenever you want to prepare a piece of salmon, you can just take one out and cook it.
Nutrition and Cooking Instructions
- The nutrition information for Kirkland Frozen Salmon is provided on the side of the bag.
- To prepare the salmon, you must first thaw it by removing all packaging and letting it sit in the refrigerator for 8-10 hours.
- You can then bake, grill, or saute.
- The cooking temperature should be 145 F as measured by a food thermometer.
Costco Frozen Salmon Instructions in the Air Fryer
- You can also cook the salmon while it is still frozen.
- Spray the air fryer with non-stick spray and preheat it to 400 F.
- Take the frozen salmon fillets out of the bag, unwrap them, and place them in the air fryer’s skin side down.
- Cook the fillets at 400 F for 5 minutes, add pepper, garlic salt, and a slice of butter on top of each salmon fillet.
- Continue cooking in 3-minute intervals until the internal temperature reaches 145 F.
- The total cooking time depends on how many fillets you are cooking and how thick they are.
Wild Caught Alaska Sockeye Salmon Taste
According to the reviewer, the Kirkland Frozen Salmon tasted just as good, if not better than, some of the salmon she has tried at restaurants. It was restaurant-quality, easy to prepare, and came at a great price.
In summary, the Kirkland Frozen Salmon is a good buy, offering convenience, good nutrition, and delicious taste.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions regarding Costco Frozen Salmon.
Can You Cook Costco Salmon Fillets?
Yes, it is perfectly safe to cook the frozen Salmon that you buy from Costco. But we suggest that you bake it in a pre-heated oven to make sure that you properly cook it from the inside as well. You will be surprised to know the secret power of the oven once you have a salmon dish ready in 30 minutes.
At Which Temperature Should You Pre-Heat The Oven?
It is important that you pre-heat the oven to 375°F or 400°F if you wish your Salmon get baked within 15-20 minutes. You can adjust the temperature depending on your oven but remember, your end goal is to have the internal temperature reach at least 145 F to ensure that the salmon is properly cooked.
How Long Should You Bake The Frozen Salmon?
On average, you should bake the Costco frozen salmon for 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure to add a bit of oil, sauce, and aluminum foil to ensure it is baked properly. You can always check in between to have it as per your desired taste.
How To Differentiate Between Frozen and Fresh Salmon At Costco?
You will have to read the label for that. If the packaging says ‘Fresh’ then it is evident that the salmon has never been frozen. On the other hand, if it says ‘previously frozen then it means that it has been frozen for a while and recently has been defrosted.
How Long Can You Refrigerate The Costco Salmon For?
It is best to cook the Salmon the day that you buy it from Costco. But if you wish to store it then you may refrigerate it for 1-2 days and not longer. You can store it for longer, but make sure that your refrigerator is set at safe temperatures. Furthermore, cover the Salmon to avoid bacteria growth.
With these delicious and quick recipes, cooking Costco salmon shouldn’t be a problem. Simply follow the directions and you shall have your dinner ready in no time.
So, what are you waiting for? Try out these recipes and let us know which one you enjoyed the most.
I love Costco’s wholesale store, and I like to discover its new food items every day. This Love and passion for this store encouraged me to make the Costcomenu.com website for guides & reviews of the Costco food items. It helps you for a better selection at a reasonable price